leverage the power of sharing with Microsoft SharePoint
Businesses of all sizes need a way to share and manage information easily throughout their organizations for collaboration, compliance, and more. However, many corporate intranets and document management solutions tend to be clunky and unappealing. Meanwhile, document management processes and systems are often disorganized and hard to collaborate on. Microsoft SharePoint provides a fresh alternative by combining a vast array of capabilities in areas such as file storage, file sharing and custom intranets. All of the information shared through this platform can be managed and accessed seamlessly in the cloud through SharePoint Online or through the on-premises version, SharePoint Server.
Microsoft notes that over 200,000 organizations and 190 million people use SharePoint for intranets, team sites and content management.
key features and benefits of Microsoft SharePoint
At its core, SharePoint provides an easy way for organizations to create websites for sharing and managing information. More specifically, SharePoint can be used to:
- Create custom intranet sites for sharing news, data, forms, files, etc.
- Create team-specific sites for file sharing, collaboration and more.
- Create custom applications and workflows.
- Upload files and folders to SharePoint intranet sites or team sites for easy, secure collaboration.
- Collect and organize data by creating lists for employees to contribute to.
- Search for documents, sites and people within the platform.
- Keep robust records for compliance purposes.
- Integrate SharePoint with other Office 365 applications to optimize collaboration.
- Integrate third-party apps into SharePoint sites through the SharePoint Store for additional functionality.
- Leverage mobile and cloud-based capabilities to easily facilitate remote work.
how to implement Microsoft SharePoint
Since one of the more popular uses for SharePoint is for HR purposes, a great way to get started with the software is to pilot SharePoint within HR teams.
For example, HR could create a team site to manage files and workflows within their department. To go a step further, they could launch an existing HR-related SharePoint application for an efficient way to share HR-related information and processes with all employees. Working with a certified Microsoft partner like Peters & Associates makes implementing Microsoft SharePoint significantly easier, and we can help you choose the right version for your needs. SharePoint is available as a cloud-based or on-premises solution, and you can either add it as a service in conjunction with OneDrive or as part of a larger Office 365 package that includes a full suite of Office applications and services.
We can help you get set up with SharePoint seamlessly, including helping you migrate from existing document management or intranet solutions and infrastructure as needed. From there, we can help you manage SharePoint along the way, ensuring that you get the most out of the platform and stay up to date with product enhancements.
For more information or to get started with SharePoint, contact Peters & Associates:
Off-board your IT management to industry experts to keep your business tech secure and optimized so your teams can get back to business initiatives. Contact one of our IT consultants in Chicago to find out what secure, scalable, and optimized solutions are right for you.
SECURITY REVIEW FOR OFFICE 365
ONE TIME PHISHING TEST
VULNERABILITIES SCAN & REPORT