file storage made easy with Microsoft OneDrive
In the past, companies chalked up file storage to creating a few shared folders and letting employees figure out the rest on their own. Yet this type of siloed, manual approach to file storage leads to lost productivity and security risks, as employees may struggle to find the information they need, work on the wrong versions of files or expose sensitive data by storing files in vulnerable locations, among other concerns.
Today’s business environment requires a solution like Microsoft OneDrive, which provides an easy-to-use, centralized way to store and manage essentially all types of files. As a cloud-based file management system, OneDrive lets employees quickly find the information they need, share files and collaborate securely, wherever they are.
In comparison to other cloud-based drives, OneDrive stands out in part due to its native integrations across Office 365 — making it easy to manage Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and more. Its integration with Office 365 also enables robust security and unique capabilities that leverage artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML).
Microsoft cites that over 85% of Fortune 500 companies have OneDrive.
key features and benefits of Microsoft OneDrive
Microsoft OneDrive provides more than just a place to store files. The platform’s wide range of features and benefits enable users to:
- Access and manage files across Office 365 in the cloud. This ensures that employees know exactly where to find information and can do so from anywhere, across different types of devices.
- Preview over 300 different file types within the drive, ranging from 3D files to X-rays, without having to fully load the files.
- Store files for personal use or share files with others. Sharing capabilities include letting users share files both inside and outside an organization, with specific permissions depending on the file owner’s preferences.
- Collaborate on files in real-time, such as editing documents or presentations as a group while on separate devices.
- Use OneDrive mobile apps to create and manage files on the go, even when offline. Files then automatically sync when you’re back online.
- Scan receipts, whiteboards, invoices and more via the mobile app to digitize and securely store information.
- Leverage security features, including the ability to recover files following malicious attacks, create access codes for files and more.
OneDrive Continues to Improve
In addition to these core capabilities, OneDrive is continually evolving, such as through the use of AI and ML. Recent enhancements include the ability for OneDrive to automatically transcribe videos and audio files, as well as analyze images to identify objects, locations and more.
how to implement Microsoft OneDrive
OneDrive can be added as either a standalone service or as part of the Office 365 suite. Working with a certified Microsoft partner like Peters & Associates can help you select the right plan for your organization, and we can guide your migration from existing solutions and infrastructure as needed.
From there, we can help your organization manage OneDrive, including keeping you up to date with security patches and feature enhancements, to ensure you get the most out of the solution. For more information or to get started with OneDrive, contact Peters & Associates today.
Off-board your IT management to industry experts to keep your business tech secure and optimized so your teams can get back to business initiatives. Contact one of our IT consultants in Chicago to find out what secure, scalable, and optimized solutions are right for you.
SECURITY REVIEW FOR OFFICE 365
ONE TIME PHISHING TEST
VULNERABILITIES SCAN & REPORT