is your school secure?
Schools are prime targets for bad actors. Schools maintain a treasure trove of data and serve as a gateway to resources such as student information and financial accounts.
Cybercriminals are targeting schools through every available means, including:
- Ransomware. Ransomware is malicious software that holds your computer system hostage until a ransom is paid.
- Phishing. Staff, teachers, and administrators may get hundreds of emails per day. One click on the wrong attachment can provide access to the wrong people.
- Business Email Compromise. With business email compromise, criminals spoof a legitimate account, making it even more likely that someone will open the email and download a malicious attachment.
School employees may not have the cybersecurity training needed to combat these threats, especially as they grow more sophisticated. Today’s environment of transparency means more online resources exposing student data, especially as these threats grow more sophisticated.
Any School Can Be a Target, Regardless of Location or Socioeconomic Status
At Peters & Associates, we know the critical importance of school cybersecurity. We can review your current network infrastructure and help you develop a comprehensive cybersecurity plan custom-tailored to meet your needs. Our school cybersecurity solutions may include:
- Cisco Umbrella. Cisco Umbrella is a cloud security solution. It uses artificial intelligence to recognize emerging threats and stop phishing, malware and ransomware. If your students and staff connect to your network from their personal devices, it provides protection there too. And we can manage it all for your peace of mind.
- A security review for Office 365. Our comprehensive security review covers more than 20 areas. After our review, we discuss our findings and recommend solutions for hardening and enhancing security around your most-used applications.
- Phishing test and report. We test your school’s security preparedness by sending a “fraudulent” communication. We compile a report of the results and review it with you, along with recommendations for improvement
- Vulnerability scan. We do a thorough scan of your network to determine areas of vulnerability. We review the results with you along with recommendations for remediation.
Ready to learn more about securing your school? It all starts with a conversation.
Off-board your IT management to industry experts to keep your business tech secure and optimized so your teams can get back to business initiatives. Contact one of our IT consultants in Chicago to find out what secure, scalable, and optimized solutions are right for you.
SECURITY REVIEW FOR OFFICE 365
ONE TIME PHISHING TEST
VULNERABILITIES SCAN & REPORT