With the recent coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, many organizations enacted remote worker or work-from-home (WFH) plans. Technology vendors have responded to the outbreak with several waves of promotions and discounting including:
- Initial Wave – working from home technologies (VPN licensing, conferencing solutions, etc.).
- Secondary Waves – security solutions, infrastructure financing, free trials, and even low-effort / high-return assessment services.
Below is a list of vendor promotions / discounts available through Peters & Associates vendors. This list is updated weekly and will continue getting updated until June 30, 2020.
Teams is being provided free as part of a 6-month trial of Office 365 E1. There are several ways to obtain this free trial depending on current licensing models employed. Teams licensing is provided as part of a larger suite called Office 365 E1 which offers Exchange Online, Planner, OneDrive, SharePoint, Office Apps, and more. Details – captured in our blog on the topic.
- Update on May 1 – Microsoft has updated their offer beginning May 4th to verify organizations are a “new customer only” and/or to outline billing terms post-promotion (month 7-12). Existing trials are grandfathered in with no expected changes. Details can be found at Microsoft’s Remote Work Resource Center or by contacting Peters.
Modern Workplace Security Assessment – ½ day funded assessment for all customers. Leverages a questionnaire + no/low touch assessment tool + consulting to yield a report designed to “assess security and policy status against current threats and future protection needs”. Details – contact Peters to initiate. Modern Workplace Teams Assessment – ½ day funded assessment for all customers. Leverages a questionnaire + no/low touch assessment tool + consulting to yield a report designed to enable Work from Home (WfH) while feeling connected for your employees. This will layout readiness of your environment and vulnerabilities/risks to deployment. Details – contact Peters to initiate. Microsoft AccountGuard – provides an extensive array of security protection as well as detection/notification in the event of an attack. These services are being offered at non-for-profit pricing to the following organizations – all hospitals and clinics, care facilities, labs, clinicians and pharmaceutical, life sciences, medical device companies as well as all Human Rights and Humanitarian organizations. Details – https://www.microsoftaccountguard.com/en-us/ Microsoft Intune – Microsoft is offering a free 30-day trial of Intune to help you protect your workforce’s corporate data by managing devices and apps. Intune provides mobile device management (MDM) and mobile app management (MAM) from a secure cloud-based service r. Using Intune, you ensure your workforce’s corporate resources (data, devices, and apps) are correctly configured, accessed, and updated, meeting your company’s compliance policies and requirements. Details – contact Peters to get started. Microsoft Virtual Desktop – Microsoft is offering to all customers a) a) free access to Windows Virtual Desktop with existing entitlements and b) run Windows 10 and Server at Linux rates. Windows Virtual Desktop is a desktop and app virtualization service that runs on the cloud. This can be a helpful strategy for providing access to certain applications for remote employees. Details – in Microsoft documentation or contact Peters to experience it.
- Cisco Remote Worker – Cisco is offering free 90-day trials until July 1, 2020 of the following technologies: AnyConnect VPN, Umbrella, WebEx, or Duo Multi-factor authentication (MFA). Cisco’s formal announcement on this matter is here. Details – to initiate trials, contact Peters.
- Cisco Meraki “First Year on Us” – this promotion is designed for all orders booked March 20-July 25th for new or existing Meraki customers. If you order a 3 Year or higher license, an additional year will be tacked on. In other words, 3 years à 4 and 5 years à This is relevant for all Meraki product lines. Details – contact Peters to take advantage of this offer.
- Cisco Meraki Remote Workforce Discount – this promotion is designed for all new and existing customers interested in MX (security) and MI (insight) products. A substantial discount is applied to the order by the reseller. This is stackable with other discounts including First Year on Us offer outlined earlier. Details – contact Peters to take advantage of this offer.
- Cisco Business Resiliency – many of our customers are interested in Meraki switches / wireless or Meraki security appliances. This $2.5B program is designed to allow organizations to purchase now and pay later. Details generally are that payments are deferred for 90 days, then 1% of the contract value is paid for the remainder of 2020, then in January 2021 normal payments based on 36/48/60-month contracts are paid. Services and partner services can be included. For a $200K order in May 2020, you would pay <$8000 in 2020. Details – Contact Peters to initiate a conversation.
- Cisco Refresh – this program is a marketplace designed to offer pre-owned equipment at discounted pricing. With supply chain difficulties, this is a growing program due to supply chain issues and relevant to get needed technology quickly and affordably. Much of the equipment came from Cisco’s recent update of their own offices. Details – contact Peters to see what is available.
Payment Relief Program – many of our customers are interested in purchase of ProLiant Servers, Nimble or MSA storage systems, or Aruba switches / wireless. This $2B program is designed to allow organizations to purchase now and pay later. Details generally are that payments are 1% of the contract value paid for the remainder of 2020, then in January 2021 normal payments based on 36/48/60-month contracts are paid. Services and partner services can be included. For a $200K order in May 2020, you would pay <$10000 in 2020. Details – Contact Peters to initiate a conversation. Storage Discounts and Rebates –
Discounts – Additional and incremental discounts are available effective May 1 to October 31, 2020 on Nimble solutions via HPE Intelligent Storage Acceleration Program. To determine eligibility, contact Peters or your Account Manager.
Rebates – For a limited time, when you trade-in a qualifying array and purchase qualifying HPE storage solutions, you are eligible to receive $100/TB for every TB of Flash capacity purchased or Fair Market Value (FMV) of the trade-in array whichever provides the highest value. Details
Care Packs – There are 3 categories of offers here:
- Purchase any HP Care Pack Service or Configuration Service and Receive 1 year of Standard HP Proactive Management for Free.
- Protect your PC or Printer with an HP Care Pack. If you don’t use it, get your money back, guaranteed.* Essentially, this is a risk-Free rebates for Home Computers or Printers – Details = outlined here.
- In addition, HPE has altered their ability to service Care Packs outlined below so customers can continue to take advantage of the hardware in-place. Details – contact Peters to schedule service.
- HP Pickup and Return: HP provides a door-to-door service that includes pickup, repair or replacement of defective products, followed by the return of the operational product to your customers’ site.
- HP Accidental Damage Protection: Be protected in the event of accidental device damage and avoid out-of-pocket repair or replacement costs. When the unexpected happens, HP has got you covered.
- Battery Replacement: A convenient method for replacing out-of-warranty batteries
Peters & Associates
- Teams Voice – several customers have traditional phone systems that ring desk phones in offices where remote workers are not sitting! The ability to transition existing phone numbers (or assign new ones) takes days not weeks. Peters & Associates offers a turnkey transition. Details – visit our Teams site and contact us to get started.
- Teams Envisioning and Readiness – our Teams practice area has been busy as organizations increasingly turn to Microsoft Teams for conferencing, voice, file sharing, and dozens of other collaboration use-cases. We have conducted dozens of executive briefings and coached many organizations into to prepare, deploy, and adopt Microsoft’s fastest growing product. Below are some recaps that might be helpful. Details – contact us for a turnkey Envisioning and Readiness effort.
- Teams 101 – Why You Need Teams, Boost Collaboration
- Teams 201 – Optimize Teamwork with Top 10 Practical Use Cases
- Teams 202 – Improve Teamwork with Voice and Conferencing
- Teams 203 – Protect Teams with Governance and Security
- Teams (Office) Training – all paid Teams engagements are accompanied with 30 days of a Microsoft Learning Management platform for end users to train on Microsoft’s Office solutions. This service includes content, learning plans, and reporting on progress.
- Remote Work – we specialize and have decades of experience with remote work technologies and process. From VPN to Citrix to Direct Access to Teams, we’ve bundled up our offerings to make sure your organization is enabled, efficient, and secure. Details – visit our remote work solutions page or contact us to get started.
- Free Trials
- Security Review for Office 365 – in addition to an initial report on the health of over 25+ variables of security, we will detect and assist remediation of threats to your Office 365 environment for 30 days. Details – click to evaluate and signup.
- Phishing Test & Report – remote workforce employees operate without many of the security protections of being in the office and are subject to an increasing number of scams. Take some time to train the employees and test their knowledge with a phishing exam designed to baseline your organization. Details – click to evaluate and signup.
- Vulnerabilities Scan & Report – organizations have increasingly opened ports (RDP of others) to allow remote access for legitimate employees. Unfortunately, the bad guys are aware of this and take advantage of the porous perimeter to also gain access. Let us take a scan of your perimeter at no cost to give you a view from the outside. Details – click to evaluate and signup.
- Umbrella Trials – for organizations considering Umbrella, Peters & Associates offers a free trial including onboarding and configuration of the Cisco Umbrella solution. A P&A consultant will spend 1 day on-site to meet with the client, discuss configuration and policy options, implement the desired policies, and assist in deploying the Cisco Umbrella agent to up to 10 workstations. About 14 days into the trial, the P&A consultant will spend a ½ day with the client to review reports together and tune any policies that are not having the desired effect. This trial may only be completed once. The managed services trial term is for 30 days. Extended licensing trials may continue.
Others in Process
- And more…