This Month in Cyber Security
New cyber security threats emerge on a weekly basis, do you know which of them is relevant to your organization? Each month, our security team hosts a 30-minute webinar to discuss the latest threats and breakdown their applicability to small and medium-sized organizations, and cost-effective steps to mitigate risk.
This month we focused on two vicious viruses, Ransomware and Magecart. A breach within the US Customs and Border Protection Agency leaves hundreds-of-thousands of people at risk, and GPS tampering grounds hundreds of US flights. Check out the recording to find out what this means for SMBs and individuals!
In a pinch? Here are some key takeaways:
- American Medical Collection Agency (AMCA), hit by vicious code embedded in their payment page. Magecart is the one to blame.
- In a tactic called Sim Swap, criminals trick your phone company into giving them a new phone in your name, giving criminals access to all your personal information.
- The US Customs & Border Protection agency improperly uploaded a file which led to the facial footprint from 100,000 individuals to be stolen, is your face safe?
- Ransomware strikes again, Baltimore is still hurting and another city has been targeted.
- GPS tampering is here, if you have systems that rely on GPS, you may be a target.
- Bluekeep is the new WannaCry, check out the video to learn what you can do to protect your Microsoft systems.
- Apple is not as safe as you might think, be wary of phishing calls.
Peters & Associates’ security services can help. Learn more:
Watch the full-length webinar below:
Download the complete slide deck here!
Peters & Associates engineers are dedicated to securing your network, with 24/7 monitoring and support, our Managed Support and Security will never leave you guessing. Want to put your network or employees to the test? Ask us about our free Phishing Test, Vulnerability Scan, and Weekly Security Audit. Questions? You can reach us at: 630.832.0075 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!