A survey by ESG research found that 25 percent of respondents said their security teams were spending too much time investigating alerts, many of which were false alarms. Differentiating between real threats and false alarms is time-consuming for small businesses, but it’s also essential. An annual cyber-readiness survey revealed that small businesses with 100 users or fewer have the same risk of attack as a 20,000-employee enterprise. Webroot SecureAnywhere endpoint protection offers businesses a way to protect against the cybersecurity vulnerabilities posed by an exponentially rising number of endpoints.
The Critical Importance of Endpoint Protection
Today, employees and clients alike are connecting devices to your network. Each of these endpoints is a point of vulnerability. Bad actors can take advantage of these endpoints since evaluating device security and compliance prior to network connection can be difficult.
This means that it’s essential to protect endpoints from cyberattacks. A security breach can lead to unplanned and expensive downtime, recovery costs, fines for not meeting regulatory compliance standards, and a loss of public trust.
How Does Webroot’s Endpoint Protection Solution Help?
SecureAnywhere uses machine learning to defend against modern attacks. Machine learning makes it predictive and adaptive, so it’s able to keep up with the evolving landscape of cybersecurity threats.
Webroot SecureAnywhere is a cloud-based solution that includes:
- Offline protection and automatic remediation. Webroot’s technology can monitor endpoints, even when they are offline. It uses proprietary technology to track data and system changes, allowing compromised local drives to be restored without reimaging.
- More uptime and fewer slowdowns. Since Webroot’s heavy processing activities take place in the cloud, its resource usage is very low, even when it’s doing full scheduled scans and updates.
- Advanced threat intelligence. Webroot’s BrightCloud Threat Intelligence uses machine-learning to classify and isolate threats, even when they’ve never been seen before. It stops phishing attacks, analyzes files in real time and stops malware in real time.
Webroot takes a three-step approach to contain threats.
- First, it attempts to prevent malware from infiltrating your system in the first place.
- Next, if malware is introduced, it attempts to stop it before it executes.
- In some cases where the malware is completely new, it may execute. In those cases, Webroot tracks the malware’s activities so they can quickly be undone once it’s confirmed as malware.
Webroot has been using machine learning to contain and classify threats for the past 12 years, and it’s a trusted resource by network and security vendors around the world.
Getting Started with Managed Endpoint Protection
Is Managed Endpoint Protection with Webroot SecureAnywhere right for your business? The best way to find out is by consulting an expert. At Peters & Associates, we offer complete management of Webroot SecureAnywhere endpoint protection. In addition to deploying Endpoint Protection, we also monitor and remediate threats detected by Webroot SecureAnywhere as part of our Managed Endpoint Protection service. This solution is included with our PULSE Complete End User Management service, which you can learn more about here.
Navigating today’s cybersecurity landscape is challenging. To learn more about our IT security services, contact us today at (630) 832-0075 or email@example.com.