Cybersecurity breaches cost time and money – in fact, the average cost of a cyberbreach is over $3 million. A managed security service provider (MSSP) can help businesses of any size detect and resolve cyberattacks faster, which saves money and your reputation. Let’s take a closer look at managed security services and the advantages of using one of these providers.
What Are Managed Security Services?
With managed security services, you move some or all of your cybersecurity services to an outside provider. That provider monitors your network around the clock, handling security alerts and remediation. MSSPs can also do penetration testing and vulnerability scans and recommend improvements to your network to enhance security.
A good managed security service provider will work closely with you to determine the needs of your organization. You receive regular reports about your cybersecurity on a schedule that works for you.
The Benefits of Using a Managed Security Service Provider
Why work with an MSSP? The benefits include:
- Saving time. Not every security alert requires action, but it takes time to sort through them all. Working with an MSSP frees up your IT team to work on other business-critical projects.
- Saving money. With an MSSP, you don’t have to worry about paying overtime if there’s a cybersecurity breach after hours. MSSPs usually offer a fixed, predictable price for services that prevent costly incidents down the road. MSSPs also have security tools at their disposal, saving you money on applications and licensing.
- Improved response times. MSSPs take a proactive approach to monitoring, and they’re available around the clock. Potential security breaches can be dealt with immediately, which lessens their potential impact.
- Security expertise. MSSPs focus on security, which means they have up-to-date knowledge on evolving security threats. You have access to security specialists with years of experience at a fraction of the cost.
PULSE Security Services
At Peters & Associates, we work with businesses of all sizes to improve their cybersecurity. Our PULSE security services include:
- Round-the-clock security monitoring, alerting and remediation.
- Firewall management.
- Security reviews.
- Virtual CISO services.
We tailor our services to your needs. Our family-owned business has been providing cybersecurity support for nearly 40 years. You can learn more about our security services on our website or contact us.