While critical to your organization’s security, patching is a task that can sometimes fall by the wayside. End-users may not know the importance of installing those pesky software updates, and that neglecting them leaves their systems vulnerable to malware. IT staff may be juggling patching with other business-critical goals. Managed service providers (MSPs) can take this tedious task off your plate. Here are the advantages of managed patching.
5 Advantages of Managed Patching
Managed patching uses a systematic approach to ensure patches are deployed across your organization. The advantages of managed patching include:
- Up-to-date security: Patches are often released to address security vulnerabilities. Bad actors find and exploit these vulnerabilities, so it’s critical to install patches sooner rather than later. Managed patching ensures patches are deployed promptly.
- Thorough patch testing: We’ve all experienced times when we installed an update, only to find that our computer isn’t quite the same as it was before. An MSP can conduct patch testing and pilot tests on patches to ensure patches work properly and won’t slow down your systems.
- Completed at the best time for your organization: Minimal downtime is critical for any organization. An MSP can deploy patches at a time that makes sense, so your business doesn’t miss a beat.
- Simpler deployment: Let’s say an employee takes home a company laptop on the night a patch was deployed. MSPs use patch management software to ensure that when the laptop comes back, the patch was installed. Patch management software simplifies deployment and optimizes bandwidth usage.
- Expertise: An MSP isn’t managing patches for just your organization. It’s doing it for several, which means it gains insights into common issues and how to resolve them efficiently.
PULSE Security Services
At Peters & Associates, we work with businesses of all sizes to improve their cybersecurity, including patch management. We know businesses are dealing with new challenges, and we’re ready to help. Our PULSE security services include:
- Round-the-clock security monitoring, alerting and remediation.
- Firewall management.
- Security reviews.
- Virtual CISO services.
- Patch management.
We tailor our services to your needs. Our family-owned business has been providing cybersecurity support for nearly 40 years. You can learn more about our security services on our website or contact us.