Almost half of companies treat endpoint security as a secondary issue. Why is this a problem? Seventy percent of successful breaches originate at the endpoint. With more people working remotely, endpoint security is critical.
Managed endpoints can be a cost-effective way to increase endpoint security while keeping your users connected.
5 Advantages of Managed Endpoints
Endpoints can be significant security risks, because employee-owned devices may not be up to your organization’s security standards. That makes them a weak link that cybercriminals can — and will — exploit.
However, managing endpoints takes time, and finding that time can be a challenge.
One way to harden endpoint security is by working with a managed service provider (MSP). An MSP can work on various aspects of your security, including managing endpoints. Here are a few of the advantages of managed endpoints:
- Policy development. An experienced MSP has worked with a variety of other organizations. That means they can take the best practices they’ve developed and apply them to your organization. Device policies are essential to controlling which endpoints can access your network. An MSP can help you implement policies that work.
- Endpoint visibility. An MSP can help you develop endpoint visibility. This is critical to ensuring all the devices accessing your network are authorized.
- Endpoint detection and monitoring. An MSP has the tools to monitor your endpoints, detecting risks like malware so that appropriate measures can be taken. An MSP can review alerts and determine which ones need attention.
- Expertise. With an MSP, you have access to security experts. They stay up-to-date on the latest security threats and ways to provide secure access to your remote workers.
- Availability. A quality MSP will be available around-the-clock to review alerts and respond to threats.
All of these add up to enhanced security for your organization.
PULSE Security Services
At Peters & Associates, we work with businesses of all sizes to improve their cybersecurity. We know businesses are dealing with new challenges, and we’re ready to help. Our PULSE security services include:
- Round-the-clock security monitoring, alerting and remediation.
- Firewall management.
- Security reviews.
- Virtual CISO services.
- Endpoint management.
We tailor our services to your needs. Our family-owned business has been providing cybersecurity support for nearly 40 years. You can learn more about our security services on our website or contact us.